Insurance Damage Repair urges you to be prepared for a possible hurricane. You may be without power for several days and even weeks. Secure your property and make sure your family and loved ones are out of harms way.
In order to properly prepare for a hurricane, you should have an emergency hurricane kit. If you do not plan on evacuating your South Florida property, you should at least stock up on some essentials items:
- Bottled Water – Your Tap Water May Not be Potable After a storm
- Coolers – Filled with ice
- Flashlights – in case of power loss
- Gasoline – Make sure your car or truck is topped off and you have extra cans filled if you have a generator
- Portable Battery Powered Radio – To keep abreast of the Latest developments and news
- Extra Batteries
- List of Emergency Phone Numbers Including Your Insurance Agent
- Prescription Drugs and Essential Medications
- First Aid Kit
- Nonperishable Food Items
- Manual Operated Can Opener
- Extra Cash – ATMs may be out of order and banks may be closed for some time.
- Important Papers
- Personal Identification