Ozone Kills Mold, Odors, even MRSA
What is Ozone?
Ozone is a molecule composed of three atoms of oxygen. Two atoms of oxygen form the basic oxygen molecule that makes up approximately 21% of the air that we breath here on earth. The part of air that is essential to life. The other 79% is made up mostly of nitrogen with very small parts of other inert gases and pollution mixed in.
It is that THIRD molecule that males Ozone unique. The third oxygen atom can detach from the ozone molecule, and re-attach to molecules of other substances, thereby altering their chemical composition. It is this ability to react with other substances that forms the basis of it’s ability to kill mold, mildew and other odor causing substances.
Ozone is NOT Pure Air or Energized Oxygen?
Some manufacturers and unscrupulous mold remediation companies often use misleading information to describe ozone. Terms such as “energized oxygen” or “pure air” have been thrown around a lot in the last few years. These statements tend to make consumers believe that ozone is a healthy kind of oxygen. I most certainly is NOT! Ozone is a toxic gas with vastly different chemical and toxicological properties from oxygen. Several federal agencies have established health standards or recommendations to limit human exposure to ozone.